What Makes Us Special?
Milford Mill CDC is not the usual childcare or daycare center. As a Maryland State accredited center we offer:
- Small classes for children ages 2 years through kindergarten.
- EXCEL Level 5 and Maryland State Accredited program
- Emphasized learning through play, peer to peer teaching, teacher planned exploration, and teacher directed learning experiences.
- Daily physical opportunities on a newly renovated outdoor playground and a large indoor activity room.
- Nutrition lessons and experiences throughout the year in conjunction with participation in CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program).
- Weekly music and Chapel experiences
- Flexible scheduling
- Established in 1953 and specialize in personalized child care
Our purpose is to offer young children an opportunity for superior learning experiences in group settings. Concern for each child as a person is basic to our philosophy. We seek to create an atmosphere which is intellectually stimulating, emotionally relaxed, physically wholesome, socially maturing and permeated with love.
What our families are saying
'Thank you all for the love, care, concern, support, laughter and prayers that you have so selflessly shown to our family. We are truly blessed to have found a “home” and “family” at the MMCDC. We are very grateful and blessed that each of you have crossed our paths and walk with us on this journey called life. We couldn’t have found better people in the whole world and the loving care you have shown our children means more than you will ever know.'
'Thank you so much for sharing your insights regarding J’s progress. It is clear that Milford Mill is a nurturing, thoughtful place for youngsters. Thanks for all your support and counsel.'
'My family thanks you for all your kindness. We thank you for helping our child get a scholarship to stay at Milford Mill. You made the difference in the course of my son’s life because you cared.'